Powered By Blogger

April 04, 2009

nightblindness

I sleep to forget my fears
My fears that keep me awake for nights
I lie to find myself among the dead
I close my eyes to go blind
But then my eyes see the hell unleash itself
I grip my hands to pray
But the prayer corrodes in this air of uncertainty
There is a word stuck in my throat
That fears to come out
What if it came out only to be swallowed?
What if it came out only to find itself alone in the darkness?
The word is ‘help’
That is so helpless
I lie prostrate to dig someone who can give company
I am scared to look at either side
I wrap myself in a blanket
Like a shroud
Yet I am barely protected
I burry myself inside it
Yet I feel so naked
I shut my eyes to go bind
But I can see the grim reaper approaching
I breathe in
But I am scared to breathe out
What if my assassin finds me?
The next day I learnt
I am my own vicarious assassin

3 comments:

MAHI said...

sometimes it so happens that wat i feel...i find ur words narrating the same...
one word-- thnx!!

DIABOLIC SERMON said...

all d p0etry eva made in d w0rld iz gettin 0utshined...meh included :'( ..

COLDRISH said...

the self realization part attracts,and this insecurity lux so real