Powered By Blogger

April 30, 2009

my prayer's fate

Where does the prayer that i send go?
to the air so thin
or the lord i can’t see

is it heard or dismissed as unworthy?
or is my prayer scared to speak its purpose?
the eyes look out for a company
to find if there is a purpose for it to blink
my sanity rethinks its futility
my insanity relishes its penance with gaiety

my prayer flies with wings of hope
the beam of the envious sun cuts them
to see the prayer fall on earth
that already has many a dead
the rain knows that pain
for the sun celebrates its defeat too
with the rainbow
the rain knows that pain
it sheds tears on the dead prayer
performs its last rites

3 comments:

MAHI said...

the prayer that falls without a sound is burried under the shrieks of so many broken pieces of heart!!!
kudos Sindu!!! awesome poem!!

Anonymous said...

my prayers fate..
is a nice title..
i lik da usage of vocabulary
i also found a bit of negativety in ur writings...
but are very philosophical!
keep up da work!
regards..
riya.

COLDRISH said...

u really use the element of hopelessness and pain 2gether gr8ly
i loved this one esp.d part wher rain feels it,god u r so gud sindu